Tuesday 31 March 2015

What it Means to Survive–Lucas Bale

What It Means To Survive is a short story from Lucas Bale author of The Heretic (Beyond the Wall Book 1) and Defiance (Beyond the Wall Book 2). I think it may be set in the same universe but it is a standalone story focussing on what it means to be a good person even when the situation you’re placed in would make it very easy to take the easy route.

While reading this story I became convinced that Bale lives somewhere with significant amounts of weather as in the two novels I recently read the environment whether interior or exterior; hot or cold is always an important part of the story. So I checked his website and was amazed to find out he lives in Surrey which is about as temperate in weather as it is possible to be. I can only think that he dreams of weather which is more interesting than a little bit cool, a bit warm and slightly rainy.

4/5